What is the role and who will you work with?
We are now hiring Technical Architects to work on-site, within our customer's Architecture Office, alongside other Leidos architects and under the guidance of our Lead Enterprise Architect.
The Architecture Office has responsibility for the following-high level tasks:
- Investigate and advise on enterprise architecture strategies;
- Create artefacts in response to request for architectural change;
- Identify and recommend supporting architectural artefacts and processes, sharing best practice and leading on creation and adoption;
- Represent customer interests at architecture, organisational and project meetings with internal groups and third parties including service providers;
- Provide architectural assistance, collaboration and guidance to key customer stakeholders including technical staff, senior management and suppliers;
- Provide architectural assurance and review for customer and third party design deliverables;
- Provide architectural leadership for the design and delivery of work packages and associated projects or programmes;
- Provide guidance and knowledge transfer to customer staff;
- The continued development and application of best practice in IT governance.
Your responsibilities, in support of the completion of these tasks, are as follows:
- Assure services delivered by technical architects across sets of services;
- Build consensus between services or independent stakeholders;
- Design systems characterised by risk, impact and business or technical complexity;
- Communicate with stakeholders;
- Understand trends and practices within the broader organisation;
- Defining and challenging strategies, patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements.
What skills do you need?
You will have an extensive track record of delivering high quality outcomes in a complex environment, and experience which demonstrates the following capabilities:
- Making and guiding decisions;
- Turning business problems into technical design;
- Bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical;
- Understanding the whole context;
What is your approach to work?
As a senior technology professional you will be:
- A true team player, with an attitude that enables getting the job done by collaborating with internal and external team members;
- Possessed of a customer-centric focus and committed to delivering significant benefit to our customer's business;
- Supportive of other team members and able and willing to deliver effective coaching and mentoring support where the need arises;
- Self-managing, with the ability to effectively prioritise and schedule your own tasks in line with customer and project priorities.