The Defense and Intelligence Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Power Specialist to join a dynamic program in Northern Virginia. The Power Specialist is responsible for designing, developing, and evaluating components and processes used in the power generation, manipulation, transmission, distribution, and storage of electricity. The candidate will determine design approaches and parameters, as well as analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate results. The Power Specialist will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability, and complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. The candidate may also interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of function's strategy and operations.
- Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Works to convince others to accept area's view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.