We are looking for a field engineer to join our international team in an exciting OCONUS location. The team is made up of highly technical and motivated individuals. The engineer for this role will design and implement solutions to complex problems. As such, this individual must be an independent thinker and excellent problem solver.
A variety of skills from the following disciplines is desired:
• Network Engineering
• System Administration
• Systems Engineering
The entire program is made up of several teams located in various remote locations in varying time zones. As a result, the engineer must have excellent communication skills and be flexible with regards to team work and tasking. A demonstrated ability to perform in cross-functional teams in order to achieve results in a timely manner is desired.
Previous experience with representing a company in a professional and assertive manner is also desired as this position will involve daily interactions with client personnel.
This position will require a brief work duration in Chantilly, Virginia prior to relocating overseas on a long-term international assignment. Relocation costs to OCONUS location are included.
Applicants should have knowledge and hands-on experience in a majority of the following areas:
• Network design and administration
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving software, hardware and other network and system problems.
• Experience with network monitoring tools - using the tool as well as maintaining the tool itself.
• Linux (Ubuntu) system administration to include ability to manage offline operating system repositories, apply operating system updates, provide support for virtual machines and troubleshoot Linux issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must as direct customer interaction is a key component of this position.
• Ability to work well within a team environment, especially work well within remotely located teams.
• Some scripting experience (ability to troubleshoot issues with existing scripts written in languages like Python, Perl).
Additionally, it is desired for the candidate to have knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
• WAN and LAN design and installation
• Cisco Routers
• Cisco Switches
• Cisco ASA
• CCNA and CISSP certifications
• T1/E1/PRI lines
• Microwave WAN installation
• PBX installation and configuration
• Working knowledge of Visio
• Previous field experience
Due to the nature of the work environment some physical activity is required for this job. The following are physical requirements that a candidate must possess:
• Ascend/descend 4 to 5 flights of stairs, while at times being required to carry a box weighing between 40 and 50 pounds.
• Ascend/descend a ladder, as well as work off of a ladder.
• Be able to position self to maintain hardware in the lab as well as at the field sites, including under desks and in closets.
• Ability to drive a total of 5 hours in one day; this includes both the drive to a field site as well as back from the field site at the end of the work day.