The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a GIS Analyst to work in our Orlando, Florida office. As a GIS Analyst the candidate will utilize GIS software and programs to perform assignments related to analyzing geographic information and the creation and maintenance of databases with geographically referenced data.
- Work with GIS related software and programs to create and maintain a database and/or maps that can be combined to create geographically correlated data.
- Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, and required outputs.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including digital sources, censuses data, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Analyze spatial data to compile geographic statistics to incorporate into documentation and reporting.
- Ability to enter new map data through use of GIS software using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups to ensure a standard of quality is meet with in schedule.
- 0-4 years of GIS experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance
- BA/BS and/or Master's degree preferred in GIS, Geography, Geomatics or related field. 2 years of GIS experience plus an AA/AS degree may be substituted for the bachelor's level degree requirement.
- Proficient in ArcGIS, Global Mapper or other GIS related tool suites.
- Photo/imagery interpretation, feature extraction using ArcGIS, Global Mapper or other GIS related software.
- Experience in applying traditional cartographic principles (label placement, aesthetics).
External Referral Eligible