The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer in Bethesda, MD.
The Systems Engineer should have a minimum 2 contiguous years of automation experience to support the maintenance, ongoing stability, and continuous operations of a very large, complex enterprise level system.
The ideal candidate will have experience automating routine system administration tasks and must have prior systems engineering experience in a cloud environment. He/she will be expected to design and implement CD/CI solutions using COTS and OSS products. He/she must have very strong interpersonal and communications skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with System Engineers, Architects, Operations, and Service Desk staff.
- Maintain and ensure the ongoing stability and continuous operations of custom-build enterprise CD/CI system based on open-source products.
- Propose and implement system enhancements to provide additional functionality and address new infrastructure and security requirements.
- Diagnose and resolve system and infrastructure problems quickly.
- Enforce best practices for software and infrastructure systems, communicate these to development organization, and monitor and enforce compliance.
- Research and prototype new products, tools, technologies for CD/CI, static and dynamic code analysis, web application security scanning.
- Maintain architecture processes and documentation as defined by Client management
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in a System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. And 5 years of related IT experience.
- 2+ years of experience designing and maintaining CD/CI systems for an enterprise organization supporting build, static and dynamic security scanning, automated testing, and deployment.
- Experience with software development using Java development environments and tools
- In-depth knowledge and experience using and integrating products such as Stash/BitBucket, JIRA, Jenkins or their equivalent, preferably using open-source products and services.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using and integrating products for static code analysis (SonarCube, X-Ray) and dynamic security scanning (AppScan, NetSparker) or their equivalent.
- Experience designing, implementing, and administering systems in a cloud environment using laaS and PaaS offerings.
- Expert knowledge of we application security vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Hands-on Experience with Linux (RHEL and SUSE) and Windows operating systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with experience working in a highly collaborative on-site environment.
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Proven experience preparing and presenting technical documentation to various audiences.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining and supporting large enterprise systems in a production environment
- Ability to work on multiple assignments or projects in parallel, balancing time and schedule based on the business priorities of the organization
- Prior experience being based at a Client site on a day to day basis
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Status) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust