The Data Administrator defines, documents, implements, and maintains a multiple security enclave data environment, including on-premises and cloud, and in a Government IC environment. This role provides technical expertise with handling and preparing various types of media for data ingest and processing. This role implements secure data storage, access, and transfer capabilities. This individual collaborates across a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers to design and produce work products, recommends long range (strategic) requirements, write operational guidelines and ensures adherence to guidelines and government policies. This position also requires the ability to resolve complex problems across multi-domain systems.
• Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated vendor or FOSS database products
• Updating to new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches
• Operate and Maintain complex data ingest and subscription environments consisting of different data sources
• Perform Extract, Transformation, Load (ETL) tasks as needed to prepare data for use by other teams
• Knowledge of infrastructure to includes on-premises and cloud resources in order to do work and provide recommendations
• Work with cross-discipline teams in order to ensure connectivity between various databases and systems
• Ensure all processes follow policy, recommend solutions to risks, apply in-depth technical knowledge to communicate requirements and recommendations to resolve issues to customer and program senior leadership
• Experience applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
• Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
• Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to problems.
• Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
• Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
• Masters Degree and 15 years prior relevant work experience. Additional years of work experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.