Leidos' Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an ETL and SQL Server Developer to support an exciting project at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). The position will be located in Bethesda, Maryland.
The successful candidate will work in an agile and fast paced environment supporting NIH scientists, researchers and IT professionals whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems. The Developer will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with analysts and other technologists to ensure applications and tools meet the mission requirements. Individual must be a motivated, self-driven team player who interacts well with others, and is a good communicator with the ability to communicate technical results to the team and advise/consult with other team members on project related issues.
The successful candidate will participate in all software development activities such as research, design, development and maintenance of several web-based and COTS systems. The Developer will be responsible for performing complex development tasks involving SQL Server databases and supporting dependent applications and maintenance efforts. The Developer must have a good working knowledge of ETL procedures and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) processes. Must be very detail-oriented with strong development and unit testing skills, and work to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data in multiple database environments. Demonstrated experience upgrading databases and porting data is required. Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL, and other technologies are also relevant to this environment.
Applicants will qualify for this position with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) as well as related experience to include SQL/TSQL, SQL Server, and Jira. Suitable combination of education, training and experience is acceptable. Experience may have been gained before, during or after degree. Applicants must supply specifics on directly-related experience and qualifications as indicated above in resumes and cover letters to be considered for a position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Bachelor's degree in a related technical field and 8+ years related technical experience (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) or a Master's Degree in a related technical field and 5+ years of related experience.
- Must have experience developing database applications in using SQL Server 2014 or later with SQL/T-SQL and SSIS
- Must have good experience with ETL related operations and troubleshooting
- Must have a strong working knowledge of SQL Server Administration
- Must have experience with a database integration tool, such as Kingswaysoft
- Must have experience with upgrading databases and migrating data to different databases
- Must have experience developing and maintaining system design documentation
- Must be an effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users
- Proven ability to do critical analysis to determine root cause in a complex environment while weighing the pressure of availability for a mission critical system
- Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently and proactively in achieving team and individual objectives
- Must be able to understand the business uses of data and develop designs and specifications to meet those requirements
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset
- Prior experience working on Federal grants management systems
- CMMI level 3 or better process experience
- Production support experience
- Experience working with the following technologies and platforms is a plus: Java, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience with BIML (Business Intelligence Markup Language)
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.