The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Operations Watch (Ops Watch) Lead at JBA.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
Leidos has an opening for Operations Watch (Ops Watch) staff to support the Air Force National Capitol Region (AFNCR) IT Services program. The Ops Watch team is a 24/7/365 manned function. This position is for a Shift Lead, who will be a member of and lead the 3-person team responsible for performing the Ops Watch duty during the assigned shift.
- Monitor, maintain, report, and ensure that the environment is up and running at all times.
- Monitor both NIPR and SIPR environments.
- Respond to outage, critical, and warning alerts to resolve issues before they affect end-user services.
- Report alerts to the Communications Focal Point (CFP) and relevant stakeholders while working with mission partners and local technicians to resolve the alert as soon as possible.
- Monitor and continuously improve system tools providing status information to Ops Watch, such as Remedy, SolarWinds, and System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), to maintain situational awareness of the environment.
- Responsible for leading a 3-person team performing Ops Watch duties.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- Provide day-to-day direction and leadership to the Ops Watch shift team, coordinating with the preceding and succeeding shifts for seamless operations turnover.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 8+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have experience using system monitoring tools such as SolarWinds and SCOM to monitor enterprise system status across multiple technologies and platforms.
- Experience reviewing system events and performing triage to determine impact and urgency.
- Experience troubleshooting enterprise IT incidents and recommending approaches to resolve them.
- Ability to lead and represent a team supporting a live 24x7 operation.
- Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret in the future.
- Experience tuning system monitoring tools such as SolarWinds and SCOM.
- Experience working with ITSM tools, especially Remedy
- Experience working in a military command or operations center, particularly an Air Force Communications Focal Point (CFP)
- Experience working at the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)
- Knowledge of Air Force, Pentagon, and/or AFNCR