Lead Distribution Engineer
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for Lead Distribution Engineer for electric utility design engineering.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading a team of engineers responsible for planning, engineering, and the overall design of electric utility distribution design work packages including: overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit systems
• Serving as a technical resource for complex designs using new technical solutions and modernization initiatives to improve reliability, operations, and integration of renewable resources.
• Coordinating conflicting utilities and other field engineering design requirements
• Maintain compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, including engineering and design calculations, development of labor & material estimates, and post-construction reviews
• Account management responsible for business development, proposals, project management, staffing, and profitable execution of engineering work at a Leidos client
• Bachelor's Science Electrical Engineering is required and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Electrical Engineering with 6-10 years of relevant experience; relevant work experience working directly for electric utility and/or an engineering consulting firm, performing design engineering
• Professional Engineering license (PE), preferred.
• Experience commissioning distribution automation equipment, engineering secondary networks and gas distribution systems is a plus
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Experience with the NESC and other applicable design standards