The Defense Group at Leidos has an opportunity for a Remedy Systems Administrator to work at Fort Belvoir, VA.
The Remedy Systems Administrator will handle account management, Hardware and Software technical support, troubleshooting, and ensuring the overall health of the network supported in a Windows based environment running baseboard management controller (BMC) environment also working with Service Request Management (SRM). Provides technical support and documentation from change request concept and design through development and integration for deployment in large complex IT systems.
- Administration of BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite working with Service Request Management (SRM)
- Experience working with managing Distributed Common DTRA Systems
- Familiarity with virtualization, particularly VMware/ESXi
- Data and application backups, Information Systems disaster recovery efforts, and Information Systems vulnerability scanning and mitigation.
- Technical documentation (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Provide hardware and software installation, configuration, and testing.
- Research and update client management team on technologies and strategies to achieve the highest level of network efficiency.
- Aid engineering staff with Hardware, software, and project specific system support.
- Provide input, response, and completion when applicable to Information Systems data-call audits.
- Provide updates and input on any agency overall to Information Systems efforts.
- Implement DoD mandated security configurations
- Installing and maintaining security patches on servers
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation for standard systems operating procedures to be used across the enterprise
- Analyze available hardware and software from outside vendors and make recommendation for purchase and installation of cost effective solutions
- Review work performed by lower level technical staff
- Work closely with client Property Accountability Officer for logistics management and input as well as the DoD Information System Security Officer.
- Attend onsite/offsite meetings to include teleconferences (travel may be required)
- Support Information System Security Manager as the Information Security Officer, maintain stand-alone, classified, information system administration
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 10+ years of overall related experience with a Windows Servers environment (e.g. 2008r2 and 2012r2). 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services
- Experience with Powershell scripting and experience in other languages like Python.
- Experience with application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Experience with Group Policy Management (GPO) and applying Local Security Policies
- Experience with Windows Task Scheduler
- Experience Managing Active Directory
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining VMWare environments.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ CE.
- Microsoft Server experience (2008R2,2012 & 2016)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Management
- Domain Name Server Administration
- Network Monitoring tools (Manage Engine, Software Center Configuration Manager
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy
- Experience working with virtual environments