The primary function of this position is to support the development and conduct of AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 system operational and maintenance training for US Navy ships in support of Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5B).
• Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate UnderSea Warfare (USW) equipment training approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency in selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials.
• Applicant must have technical training development, review, and conduct experience with AN/SQQ-89(V) sonar system equipment, with particular emphasis on A(V)15.
Requires BS and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
• Applicant shall have technical training development, review, and conduct experience with AN/SQQ-89A(V) ACBxx sonar system equipment.
• At least 6 years of AN/SQQ-89(V) working experience in either Operations or Maintenance.
Operations and Maintenance experience shall include:
• A thorough understanding of AN/SQQ-89(V) system operations to meet tactical mission requirements (operator, supervisor, and command)
• System functional segments
• Sonar tactical equipment
• System LAN operation and administration
• Fault Detection / Isolation / Localization
• Remove and replace procedures
• This position requires a strategic mindset to be successful.
• Travel may be required for this position
• Must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
*External referral bonus available.*