The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Mission Equipment Package (MEP) Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) Division of the Leidos Defense Group currently has a career opening for a Cyber Security Engineer for the Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) and Gray Eagle Modeling, Navigation and Integration (GEMNI) programs. This position is located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
The Cyber Security Engineer will serve as a member of an Engineering Team and support a full spectrum of division activities specifically focused on cyber security related to support of UAS systems. Duties include, but are not limited to, requirements analysis, system design, system integration, functional testing, and all associated documentation. Primary duties are technically hands on and include compliance and vulnerability scanning, report generation and analysis, development, implementation, and documentation of fix actions, and routine maintenance of multiple systems' security posture.
Although this is a technical/engineering position, communication and interpersonal skills are crucial in this role. The candidate will be expected to interface with Government personnel, subcontractors, and management to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. Candidate selected is expected to travel up to 15%.
The Cyber Security Engineer will report to the Army UAS Chief Engineer.
Acts as a proponent to ensure successful systems engineering input to the US Army RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and US Army MQ-1C Gray Eagle programs.
Utilizes compliance and vulnerability security scan tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC) to evaluate and report on system security postures.
Uses Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NIST RMF workflows and processes to ensure compliance with DISA security requirements.
Develops technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines.
Supports engineers of other disciplines in the security posture of products and systems.
Develops and maintain engineering documentation and diagrams.
Coordinates and communicates with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customer and leadership.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or related discipline obtained within the last 12 months + up to 2 years of related experience OR Masters Degree obtained within last 12 months and no experience.
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to work and collaborate in team-based environment.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance within first 180 days of employment.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.).
- Report and/or technical writing experience.
- Experience developing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities.