Leidos is seeking a Telecommunications (PBX) Technician position to support the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program.
Location: Vicksburg, MS or Hillsboro, OR or REMOTE/TELEWORK
* Under general supervision, operates and manages VoIP/PBX/telecommunications systems and associated hardware, to include overhead paging, voicemail, and other peripheral systems.
* Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided for remote hardware and communications facilities to develop and implement methodologies for analysis, installation and support of voice communications systems.
* Provides coordination in the analysis, acquisition and installation of remote hardware and software.
* Interfaces with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system needs.
* Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems.
* Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
* Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms, as well as identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
* Installs, repairs, splices, tests, and terminates various forms of telecommunications and electrical wiring and cabling (e.g. copper, fiber, coax, etc.) to ensure proper impedance matching and connections between various pieces of electronic equipment.
* Schedules and/or coordinates services (e.g. repairs, installations, removal of equipment, preventative maintenance, etc.).
* Writes alignment procedures, recommended test methods, and general equipment documentation packets for telecommunications equipment to support proper system level setting and equipment operation.
* Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables.
* Records configuration diagrams and specifications.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Master's degree.
Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security).
Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment.
Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
Experience should be in the following:
• Facilitating orders for telecommunication circuits
• Facilitating orders for desk
• Fulfilling mobile phone orders including new installations and feature changes
• Managing phones at the customer's three field offices
• Working issues with phone carriers (for desk phones and conference phones)
• Managing backend phone systems at regional offices until VoIP is deployed
• Enforcing policy to retrieve unused phones, setting up on‐demand conference call dial in numbers
* Experience supporting Nortel, Comdial, Inter-Tel, AVAYA or Panasonic phone systems.
* Experience providing support for Cisco VOIP devices.
* Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system
* Strong analytical and follow through skills.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
* Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
* Ability to work well as part of a team.