The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a Network Engineer to join our team in support of ASW training in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will provide Network and Information Technology services to maintain uninterrupted availability of the training systems for US Navy customer. Work is 8 hour evening shift in support of 24/7 operations.
- Provide on-site contact and incident resolution to US Navy customers with hardware, software, and network problems.
- Resolve incidents as quickly as possible.
- Document incident resolution and status.
- Install, configure, and manage Cisco networking devices consisting of Campus and Datacenter switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Install, configure, and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux workstations and servers.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and support an Openstack cloud environment.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and support various virtualized training systems.
- Monitor device and network health, configurations, information assurance patching.
- Evaluate problems with network connectivity to include copper and optical fiber cabling.
*Eligible for external referral program.*
At least 5 years demonstrated experience providing direct fleet support through resolution of CASREPS, depot repair, generation of TRs and TORs.
Associates degree with a total of 5 years of experience with troubleshooting and repair of USW combat system components.
5 years of experience repairing network intensive USW systems including LINUX, CISCO NWS, 3-COM NWS and server based technology.
- Working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common Windows applications.
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Experience with Cisco products
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with Openstack
- Experience working with US military personnel