Leidos is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Newport, Rhode Island! You will participate in team efforts in support of U.S. Government and commercial clients on contracts for marine system design, development, testing, integration, documentation and maintenance.
You will be working on problems of moderate scope supporting requirements definition, design, development, and testing of integrated oceanographic and geophysical data acquisition, and data processing systems.
As part of the Software Engineering Team you may be required to support at seas operations and some international travel may be required. Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for obtaining a U.S. Government Security clearance to the level of SECRET.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years related experience (may include coursework); strong background in mathematics, physical sciences, computer-based system integration and networking, and structured software development .
- Candidates should have at least five years' experience developing software using C or C++ on Linux or Windows operating systems.
- Candidate must have a strong background in computer-based system integration and networking and be capable of supporting software quality initiatives
- Must possess two years of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI®) familiarity
- Experience with ANSI C Programming language on Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Previous experience in the ocean sciences field is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with user interface design, development, and/or testing is highly desirable.
- Previous software development experience using Qt, OpenGL, Java, X Windows, TCL/TK, is highly desirable.
- Background in object-oriented software design and development is beneficial.