Leidos has a career opening for a SATCOM Network Administrators at Hill AFB, UT.
Supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Enterprise Satcom Gateway Services (ESGS), providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities. Personnel shall provide knowledge to an extremely complex IP-Based SATCOM network. Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hr shifts based upon the requirement and resources available.
• Provide technical analysis of SATCOM (including space, control and ground) status and performance data to optimize network supportability and provide recommendations and alternatives for network requirements that are unsupportable.
• Provide recommendations for the development of SATCOM network scenarios and determine impacts on the SATCOM and satellite network configurations.
• Participate in the planning and technical evaluation of the performance of existing and new next generation augmentation satellites, earth terminals, baseband equipment, control equipment, and SATCOM facilities.
• Evaluate the supportability of Operations Plan (OPLAN) SATCOM requirements for each Area of Responsibility (AOR) utilizing the planning tools provided, and assist with the daily operation and management of the respective satellites and the associated ground and control segments.
• Provide Technical Analysis Reports, Technical Briefings, Technical Review of Wideband SATCOM Documentation, Technical Analysis Working Papers and White Papers, and Technical Review of Wideband O&M Meetings.
• Provide equipment monitoring and control (M&C), mission establishment, situational awareness, trouble management, and engineering and testing support to DoD and Enterprise SATCOM Gateways.
• Support Monitor & Control (M&C) activities to include: Open / Remediate/ Close incident tickets; Coordinate equipment failures and troubleshooting actions with site and deployed operators; Monitor, control and configure all specified equipment technologies including adding and removing missions; Manage and provision DISN services, connecting DISN circuits and IP/ multicast traffic; Periodic verification that equipment is operating in the baseline configuration and that no alarms exist; Assist in equipment configuration for mission and network setup according to the mission SAA and GAA.
• Develop network diagrams using Government tools and software applications; provide reports on equipment status, network status, and network utilization using Government tools and software applications.
• Bachelor's degree, preferred, and 3+ yrs. of relevant experience; additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Be able to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in written form.
• Must possess DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification within 90 days of start.
• Minimum Secret clearance with the ability to acquire a Top Secret SSBI.
• Experience with the following tools/applications:
• Wideband Remote Monitoring System (WRMS)
• Common Network Planning Software (CNPS)
• DoD Teleport
• Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Subsystem
• Mobile User Objective System (MUOS)
• IP Modems (iDirect)
• DVB-RCS: Advantech system and support equipment at Lago and Landstuhl
• Gateway Video Reception Delivery Service (GVRDS)
• Mobile Integrated Services Routers (ISR)
• Unified Video Dissemination System (UVDS)
• Defense Information Systems Network - Tactical Edge (DISN-TE)
• SATCOM Unified Net-Centric System (SUNS)
• Spectral Warrior
External Referral Eligible