No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and cyber security professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to FEMA networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to FEMA information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The FEMA SOC is responsible for the overall security of FEMA Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
The DHS FEMA SOC Program has a critical need for a Task Lead. This is a full time position based in Bluemont, VA (Mount Weather). This position does not have Telecommuting Options.
- Supervise and Manage day-to-day operations within the Security Operations Center in support of the Government Customer
- Manage and conduct hands-on technical analysis as a supplement to the Incident Response and Forensics Teams during high-visibility or high-workload investigations
- Guide and mentor multiple team-leads ranging from Compliance to technical Incident Response
- Suggest and implement controls for key information security gaps within the customer security stack
- Conduct and maintain detailed gap analysis of customer capabilities
- Develop and maintain risk registers articulating cybersecurity risk across the FEMA enterprise
- Articulate daily challenges to the Government SOC Chief to support the SOC development and growth
- Manage 24x7 operations personnel and shift coverage
- Serves as a contractual "Task Lead" with supervisory responsibilities
- Conduct weekly task meetings to ensure compliance with contractual task requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related field and 12 to 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 to 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Ability to obtain a minimum of Top Secret/SCI. In addition to specific security clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security SOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
Active advanced cyber security certifications which may include any of the f ollowing certifications:
SANS GIAC: GCED, GCIA, GCFA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFE, GREM, GXPN, GMON or GCIH ISC2 CCFP, CCSP, CISSP CERT CSIH EC Council: CHFI, LPT, ECSA, Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE EnCase: EnCE Dod 8570: IAT L3, CNDSP Analyst or IR Carnegie Mellon: CCSIH"
Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement. Cyber Kill Chain knowledge.