Vice President, Business Development & Strategy Executive, QTC & Growth Initiatives
The selected individual will report to the Senior Vice President, Health Group. The candidate is responsible for Business Development and Strategy for health case management and value based care. Responsibilities include expansion of the capabilities utilized by QTC for the VBA and expanding it to other customers as well as other group-level initiatives that align with the Health Group strategy.
In this role, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. You will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing with the Operation. You will manage a team of business development professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts, in achievement of the Operations short and long-term business development goals. You will ensure that the Operation maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives.
- Partners with the Operations SVP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Manages a team of up to 15 business development professionals which meets/exceeds annual targets for submits and awards.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Operation's pipeline, establishes BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources. Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for function/families to ensure efficient use of resources. Ensure staff are focused on the Operations' priorities.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of Business Development related experience, including 5 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required 20% per month
- Leadership and talent management - Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people.
- Responsible for developing mid to long-term plans on how to optimize his/her group and the talent required to execute strategies for the job area.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Experience with budget, investments and federal acquisition processes
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $5 billion or greater
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management tool to track opportunities and manage pipeline.
(Additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required)
- An advanced degree preferred
- 10 years of experience leading a team, and/or 3 or more years leading a BD portfolio
- Business development experience in health care including federal customers such as the Veterans Administration