The Defense Group at Leidos is actively seeking a Technical Project Manager who will plan, organize, secure, and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives in Norfolk, VA.
Partners with project stakeholders, internal customers, external vendors, and cross-functional teams. Facilitates a cross-functional team to execute on defined deliverables and drives key decisions. Common deliverables typically include the project charter, scope definition, requirements documents, work activities, project schedule, risk register, communication plan, resource plan, risk management plan, procurement plans, project budget, quality control plan, status updates, reporting, and tracking. Uses industry recognized/generally accepted PM knowledge (PMI methodologies), skills, tools and techniques to achieve a project's stated objectives. Typically works independently to deliver content or decisions that define final project deliverables. This is a full-time position located in Norfolk VA.
The PM will coordinate planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility. The PM will oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
• Develops detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status
reports; tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers in Microsoft project and ProMIS
• Initiates, plans, executes, and controls project efforts that utilize technological solutions
• Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to
ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards,
and meet customer expectations
• Develops and executes management plans for time, cost, scope, quality,
communications, risk, human resources, procurement and integration
• Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks
• Reports on project progress throughout the project lifecycle or specific phases within
the Solutions Delivery Life cycle (SDLC).
• Coordinate the resources necessary to successfully complete the project
• Communicates major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular
status meetings to review project activities; manages prioritization procedures
• Sets and manages client expectations, managing and escalating issues and changes
• Measures progress toward goals and revises project objectives; documents applying
change control procedures;
• Evaluate the impact and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, assigns tasks
necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines tentative implementation dates, and tracks
results of the implementation;
• Develops methods to measure customer satisfaction; obtains feedback at critical
milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts meeting customer
expectations for time, cost, and results
• Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support change processing including
performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally
communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating
• Creates and applies project control techniques that reduce risk from changing
technological infrastructure, hardware, automations, systems software, or applications
• Builds relationships with key stakeholders and project resources to drive key decisions
and ensure timely project completion
• Produce and report on KPIs and metrics.
• Documents and understands what the technical environment dependencies are for each
project to support an end to end integrated environment.
• Manages, the creation and tracking of processes, procedures, and documentation that
improve environment stability, availability, and production parity
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training.
- 7 year of experience in Project Management field or equivalent (i.e. Change Management, Process Improvement, Engineering, Technical Operations) or combination of academic equivalent training or projects.
- 3 years experiences maintaining projects using Microsoft project or equivalent
- Experience in IT industry
- Knowledge of engineering or related processes, development of methods and procedures.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Secret clearance or higher