The Tier 2 Network Engineer provides technical support in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. The Tier 2 Network Engineer evaluates, coordinates and performs installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of networks. The Tier 2 Network Engineer works daily with the customer and Tier 3 Network Engineers in all aspects of day-to-day activities to resolve issues. The selected candidate must understand the site and enterprise well enough to work through network-related issues with all stakeholders at the facility and across the enterprise. Working at a customer facility and with the customer daily requires good communication skills and the ability to multi-task efforts based on a dynamic environment and changing priorities. The candidate will maintain documentation as well as perform logistics duties.
The program supports a 24x7x365 mission critical customer environment. Although this is a day shift position, employees may be scheduled to work or called in to work during off hours to meet customer mission support requirements. A Single Scope Background Investigation and polygraph are required.
* 2-5 years experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium sized networks
* 2-5 years experience with military networks, CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
* Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
* Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
* Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment.
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
* Security+ Certification
COMSEC experience and certifications
Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.