Leidos Health is a discovery-stage biologics development organization focused on discovering, developing and commercializing first-in-class small biologic molecules for the treatment of cancer, infectious disease, and CNS.
The position will report to the SVP of Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions (GH&SS), and will broadly interact with the scientific biologics director, Finance, and Legal to advance our discovery and pre-clinical programs. The successful individual will provide leadership, staff managerial oversight, and strategic guidance that facilitates the timely execution, analysis, and reporting of activities.
This position works with internal stakeholders to identify, vet, and manage contract research organizations to high levels of performance. The position will take a leading role in developing the scientific strategy underlying the discovery pipeline of biotherapeutics. This encompasses target selection, definition of candidate criteria, and strategy for pharmacological profiling of leads, and triaging of partnering opportunities, through both an understanding of the scientific literature and engagement with external experts.
- Market IP developed and build a revenue generating business consistent with the approved business plan
- Stay abreast of developments in the external scientific community through networking activities, including representing the company at industry scientific and business conferences.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with academic institutions and biopharma companies.
- Define and grow areas of strategic focus in alignment with the company's objectives.
- Advance potential opportunities via internal discussions, identifying and engaging appropriate external experts, developing recommendations, and presenting findings to senior management.
- In partnership with the scientific biologics director, develop presentations for the company's leadership.
- Act as a primary driver in the successful execution of research strategy, including providing direct and/or transitional leadership to any partnered programs.
- Direct management and mentorship of scientific staff and consultants
- Lead and/or participate in joint steering committees to develop and manage external collaborations.
- Leadership - The successful candidate must be a high energy, charismatic leader that is a talented, strategically-oriented, highly ethical business executive with strong executive presence and presentation skills. You have the skills and ability to quickly gain credibility and respect with both internal and external stakeholders. You possess organizational savvy along with strong coaching, leadership development and team building skills. You lead by example to ensure a professional and compliant work environment, have strong influencing skills including the ability to delegate responsibility and motivate a team, and while at the same time maintain accountability to deliver upon commitments.
- Drive for Results - You have an accomplished track record of maintaining key relationships, the demonstrated ability to drive strategic sales/marketing solutions, execute sales strategy focusing on biotech/Pharma.
- Build and Manage Relationships - You possess comfort and experience interacting with key strategic partners, thought leaders and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) (and other influential biotech executives) in the biotech/pharma/academia.
- Create Vision - A resourceful, strategic and analytical thinker, and creative problem solver, you will help shape the future strategy of the business.
- Communication Skills -You demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills - the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences.
- Entrepreneurial Drive - With the desire and proven ability to have an impact, you are an energetic self-starter with a strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Ph.D. Degree with 8-10 years of experience leading biopharmaceutical development operations, R&D partnerships, and/or contract life sciences.
- Understanding of the biotech/pharma space, market research and forecasting.
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.