The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a full-time Distance Learning Program (DLP)/IT Build-Out Special Projects Lead to work in our Fairfax County, VA offices.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Army ITEMSS program.
The work is in support of the Army National Guard (ARNG) Distance Learning Program (DLP) and the US Army Reserve (USAR) on IT build-out special projects for new and existing Army Reserve and USACAPOC facilities throughout the U.S.
• The DLP is a congressionally mandated program to improve military readiness, enhance Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4), and practically serve America's communities by making available shared access to high-performance communications. DLP provides digital distance-learning-oriented classrooms to train soldiers, thereby, increasing National Guard readiness, promotes shared use to make classrooms available for use by the civilian community, and allows Warfighters and their families to communicate between home station and deployed unit locations. DLP includes 302 fixed classrooms, 51 mobile classrooms, and 50 mobile light classrooms across 54 states/territories.
• The USAR G6 is currently responsible IT build-out work special projects for new and existing Army Reserve and USACAPOC facilities throughout the U.S. A schedule of network implementation projects for the contract period of performance identified has not yet been identified and vary annually. Typical MILCON IT Build Out implementation uses: CISCO VOIP supported switches and router based on the Army Approved Product List and USARC G6 Guidance, digital and analog phones that support VOIP and non-VOIP operations, and all supporting artifacts such as modules and cables for implementation.
This project is expected to operate at least seven years with a ceiling of $980M.
• Proven experience in supporting development for software and utilities, optimizing system services and performance, maintaining availability of data and metrics, Telecom Systems (terrestrial & SATCOM), Virtual Education System Development, Web applications development, training simulation system development, managed support services, and Database development and management.
• Lead the DLP/IT Build-Out Special Projects, which includes purchase, installation, and maintenance of various IT/AV/C2 equipment.
• Provide technical leadership on best products and practices to network integration teams in setting up reliable network connectivity, troubleshooting, recommending innovative approaches to configuration and administration of all assigned devices.
• Be responsive to customer issues and provide recommendations on modernization approaches to improve performance and cost.
• Assure Leidos financial goals are met or exceeded.
• Keep Leidos executive management aware of program performance, issues, etc.
• Bachelors Degree in a related field.
• Minimum of five years of experience managing projects with a similar size scope and complexity to the DLP and IT infrastructure requirements of the TOR.
• Demonstrable experience in designing, developing, and delivering C2 and training delivery infrastructures to distributed users.
• Experience managing distributed site survey, installation, and maintenance teams similar to the size, scope and complexity of the DLP/IT Build-Out Special Projects.
• Experience in technical leadership and guidance of operational tasks, including review of work products for compliance with industry-accepted standards.
• Experience providing PowerPoint executive-level briefings.
• Certifications in one of the following:
o Outside Plant (OSP) Designer: Expertise in OSP technology and the design of aerial, underground and direct-buried infrastructures.
o Registered Telecommunications Project Manager (RTPM): manage information and communications technology projects
o Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD): design, integrate, and implement networks and related infrastructure components across multiple disciplines and applications.
o Digital Video Engineering Professional (DVEP): design, analysis, testing, integration, deployment and troubleshooting of digital media systems.
• Experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF), and agile software lifecycle development dealing.
• Experience managing support for multiple data, IT and 24x7 enterprise network systems.