Leidos Enterprise Business Operations (EBO HR) has an opening for a Sr. HR Specialist, Onboarding Services. The Sr. HR Specialist, Onboarding Services position is responsible for providing staffing support to members of the Talent Acquisition team and a very highly specialized set of HR generalist support to new employees, from offer creation through the new employee's 60th day of employment at Leidos.
• Provide staffing support to include: offer letter generation (internal and external candidates), new hire assistance with onboarding and "Day 1" readiness, quality review of applications, drug test results tracking, background investigations, scheduling of New Employee Orientation (NEO) briefings, and delivery of NEO briefings.
• Assist with issues during the onboarding, drug test, and background verification processes.
• Review drug test results and background check for adverse results, taking actions to resolve and/or escalate to team lead as needed.
• Set up and process new hire data with the Leidos Human Capital Management (HCM) system.
• Communicate with new hires and rehires post-offer/pre-start to begin the acculturation process.
• Provide "beyond best in class" customer service to new hires and their managers, working closely with Talent Acquisition and other ESS HR Service areas to deliver stellar support; serve as a "one-stop-shop" and Leidos ambassador for all new hires and rehires.
• Perform troubleshooting on a variety of issues that may extend beyond the reach of traditional HR, requiring the ability to network cross-functionally and leverage relationships to support the new hire process.
• Respond to a wide variety of questions concerning HR, basic timecharging, travel, required training, expense reports, etc., escalating to team lead or manager as needed.
• Initiate sign-on bonus requests for new hires, when appropriate.
• Assist line managers and/or HR Business Managers/Business Partners with new hire issues.
• Initiate domestic relocation packages, as required, with the Leidos Relocation Management Company, and respond to general relocation questions, as needed.
• Maintain flexibility and a positive attitude toward innovation and change.
• Collaborate with other EBO HR service delivery areas, EBO HR leadership, Group HR Business Managers, and HR functional area staff on new and existing programs and continuation process improvement initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills to complex issues.
• Ability to use deductive reasoning to assess multi-faceted questions and problems.
• Extensive experience supporting internal customers in a specialized HR capacity.
• Commitment to outstanding customer service, both internal and external.
• Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make connections with customers in writing.
• Experience resolving complex issues utilizing external resources and escalating internally when appropriate.
• Experience working with internal policies and procedures to ensure continuity of HR business services.
• Ability to multi task and stay organized in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain a consistent on-site schedule.
• Ability to provide limited after-hours support, as needed or required.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree coupled with 2+ years' experience in human resources, benefits, staffing, recruiting or related field. ; OR an Associate's degree coupled with 4+ years' experience in human resources, benefits, staffing, recruiting or related field. ; OR a High school education or equivalent and 6+ years' experience in human resources, benefits, staffing, recruiting or related field.
• Knowledge of Leidos HR policies and programs.
• Experience with Workday HCM platform.
• Experience with Taleo or other ATS.
• Experience with Deltek Time & Expense system.
• Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Human Resources.
• PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification.