Leidos is seeking a Deputy Program Manager to support one or multiple international Skyline program(s) who will be responsible for key aspects of program execution, reporting to the Senior Program Director. Leidos' ATM systems operate across 60 percent of the world's air traffic and 80 percent of the world's oceanic airspace with over 5000 operational controller working positions. SkyLine -X built from the best components of proven, globally deployed air traffic management technologies, enables air navigation service providers to manage the flow of air traffic from takeoff to landing, dynamically adjusting journeys in the air to make air traffic flow faster, safer, and more environmentally friendly. SkyLine provides a comprehensive integrated air traffic control and management system for customers in Korea, Albania, Kazakhstan, New Zealand, UK, and is expanding in Asia, Middle East, and Europe.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
Reporting to the Director of Program Management the role will lead a cross functional team for the successful implementation of programs or captures. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives within scope, time, and budget constraints.
- Interfacing with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Identifying and implement mitigation for risks and opportunities
- Preparing and reporting on program financials utilizing Earned Value management
- Ensuring conformance with program and project task schedules
- Engaging customers and partners through effective communication to build trust that lead to follow on contracts
In addition to program performance tasks, the candidate should also be ready to:
- Collaborate with business development in identifying and developing new opportunities, including but not limited to attending trade shows, workshops and engaging partners
- Attain and monitor local agents and local subcontractors if required
- Leading capture team to develop proposals, management volume and project scope descriptions
- Develop Basis of Estimate for proposals and working with pricing
Position is located in Gaithersburg Maryland and will support global implementation.
Experience in managing large, complex IT application/system development, engineering, and sustainment efforts. This person will need to be very familiar with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
Sufficient understanding or experience with operations issues including Materials Acquisition, BoM development, System Design, Development and Deployment, Maintenance and Implementation, Quality Assurance, Subcontract Management, and Hardware Engineering.
Able to work in competitive commercial markets, familiar with export control regulations, INCOM TERMs, respect other cultures and willing to travel internationally
Experience working with treasury in resolving financing requirements such as performance bond, local tax
Familiar with international trade regulations, FCPA and security requirements
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Prior Program Management or related experience with managing major large Air Traffic Control system Implementation and development programs.
Prior experience working in commercial, international projects.
Mastering of a foreign language is an added bonus.
Diverse experience or job rotation in multiple functional disciplines a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.