Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a UC Project Engineer at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
The UC Project Engineer (P3) will be responsible for the planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to provide successful service delivery and contract goals and objectives. The ideal candidate should possess some knowledge of Network Management, Incident Management, Trouble Management, Problem Management, as well as Network Administration & Maintenance. The ideal candidate will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities to execute DODIN operational engineering globally. The candidate should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision. The team member will track and brief projects using Microsoft Project. Daily interaction will be with the task and functional leaderships, subcontractors, and support personnel.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Understand and oversee all phases of the project development lifecycle;
- Assist in coaching and reviewing the work of lower level professionals;
- Develop solutions to problems throughout the analysis process of the project
- Be accountable to the customer and to Leidos management for the success of the program and team;
- Align program with Leidos management organizational objectives;
- Report status to the customer, as well as internally within the Leidos organization;
- Provide level of effort estimates, bases of estimate, projections and forecasts;
- Participate in business development activities, including identifying needs in the current customer environment, helping in other corporate capture and proposal efforts, as requested, and conducting proposal reviews for other efforts;
- Participate in the larger cross-program team to collaborate on business area initiatives, align your program with broader organizational goals, and share information;
- Promote thought leadership and innovation within the team on behalf of the customer
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment in which many demands are placed on the PM and team;
- Work independently to achieve day to day objectives and attend meetings;
- Work closely supervised and with smaller, less complex projects or task-related activities.
- Requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree. Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications for peers, employees, technical experts, executives, and varying levels of customer stakeholders, as needed
- Excellent leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success as a team player within a complex work environment
- Experience with Office Productivity tools: Microsoft Project, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Currently possess an active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with GTMS/ ITSM Remedy
- PMP certification preferred
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
External Referral Eligible