More About the Role:
Leidos is a large, multi-national corporation specializing in the management of complex technology programs. We have an exciting opportunity working with the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to support the development and delivery of information technology services to the handling and processing of paper census questionnaires. The 2021 Census Questionnaire Management (QM) program, Program Management Office is located in the Southeast of the United Kingdom, near the ONS Titchfield, Hampshire office with the predominance of IT engineering support being provided from the US, in Lanham, MD.
Leidos heritage companies have significant experience in supporting Census operations in the UK (2001 and 2011), USA and Canada. Building on this experience, and the involvement of almost the same team, Leidos will continue its support of the ONS customer, delivering development, test, and operational capabilities for the 2021 Census. This work includes the production and post-out of blank Questionnaires to Households in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and the receipt, scanning, data capture, keying and coding of returned forms.
What You'll Get to Do:
This candidate will be a key member of the Software Configuration Management Team with Software Configuration Management (SCM) duties, to include configuration identification, configuration change control, configuration verification and audits as applies to software release and delivery. The candidate will help to build products focused on development lifecycle automation.
Responsible for automating, developing, and performing software builds and source control management, helping to control and manage software baselines, builds, and deployments within development, systems engineering, program management, test and the customer release processes. Candidate will ensure that all components of product releases are organized and deployed in a controlled manner, enabling a repeatable process. The candidate will review, analyze, and standardize release and deployment processes. The candidate will support the design and implementation of formal procedures including checks and balances throughout the process.
Will perform code management, audits, baseline identification, preparation and control of documentation for software projects.
• Evaluate continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions and develop standardized best practices for use within the customers environment.
• Work with team members and application owners to help build a standard approach to the development lifecycle.
• Work with team members to automate logging, monitoring, approval workflows, or other tasks as needed.
• Build domain knowledge expertise in public cloud architecture and best practices.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior experience.
• Experience with software builds and source control management.
• Experience with software configuration management.
• Experience with Agile-based software development techniques and methodologies.
• Experience with modern continuous integration and delivery environments/tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab).
• Experience with Cloud platform services: Azure or AWS.
• Experience with versioning and Git based source control.
• Experience with configuration management of Cloud based resources.
• Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments.
• Knowledge of product development and the ability produce reusable and consistent solutions.
• Proficiency with web application and open source technologies, such as Jboss, etc.
• Agile-based knowledge and skill.
• Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and capability to work in agile development processes.
• Software languages such as MySQL (Maria) JAVA, JAVA Script, C/C++, Unix/Linux, XML, HTML, Ajax and/or other front-end skills, Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, PBS Pro Workflow, Tomcat, Web Services Development.
• Census experience preferred (any country).