Fantastic opportunity to join our winning team in the Intelligence Group! We are seeking an experience Business Development Operations Team Leader. This person will be responsible for leading all BD operations activities for the Intelligence Group. This team leader will support the BD SVP to ensure all Group BD reporting is accurate and timely, and oversee all day-to-day BD operations to include pipeline activities, corporate reporting, and coordination of all BD actions. The BD Operations Team Leader will implement initiatives to improve overall capture support and probability of win across all captures in Intel. This support includes coordination with CO&E, facilitating Win Plan and associated capture training and support throughout the Operations, identifying gaps and initiatives to help drive improved capture resources and engagement across the Group and identifying BD changes and enhancements that can increase the overall PWin for the Group. This also includes scheduling of all Group and Corporate gate reviews, priority/Top Opportunities, support to collaboration sessions, color reviews, etc. The BD Operations Team Leader will also ensure all corporate briefings are established for the Group, including ELT briefings, Deep Dives, Quarterly Business Reviews, Budget updates, Gate Reviews, Closest-to-the-Pin updates, etc.
The BD Operations Team Leader will work collaboratively across the company to ensure success, build relationships with counterparts in BD&S in the other Groups and corporate, and support functions to promote collaboration. Ensure all BD actions are tracked and responded to, and provide ad-hoc and routine support to the BD SVP in all activities related to Business Development and Strategy. In this role, you are expected to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, handle multiple simultaneous tasks, coordinate with the four Intel Operations BD Leads to ensure consistency in all reporting. This person will also provide leadership in overseeing all activities of the BD analyst, power users, and BDLP rotational assignees to ensure a cohesive team. Proactively identify gaps and areas for improvement for the BD operations overall and specifically for captures activities to continue to improve our overall win rates and team efficiency.
Implement and maintain data in the CRM Tool, ensure that the BD Operations team is maximizing the use of the tool within Operations, such as the development of dashboards, views, reports, etc. Accountable for the accuracy of the data, which means ensuring exceptions are resolved quickly. Oversight of monthly pipeline reviews. Manage overhead costs and rates by performing within allocated B&P and marketing budgets. Establish the B&P and marketing budgets by ledger, reflecting both a bottoms up and top down approach. Provide mentoring and guidance to Ops BD&S VPs and capture managers on effective use of budgets.
Help the Intel Group meet its financial commitment for submits and awards. Serve as a model and leader for change and positivity, promoting a culture of respect. In this role, you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across the business, ensuring that the Operations maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and execute cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives.
Support the Leidos Outside Activity Workflow as the Intelligence BD representative. (This workflow is used when Intelligence Group employees request permission to work for a non-Leidos company.) Search WinIt for opportunities that will be in conflict with the new activity. Work with Contracts to assess the overall request.
- Partner with the Group BD SVP to support overall BD and capture activities in support of the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Oversee all business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development,
opportunity collaboration sessions, gate reviews, win theme and discriminator workshops, color reviews, and all weekly and monthly reporting.
- Monitor the Group pipeline, establish BD priorities and recommend the allocation of resources.
- Manage all BD data including WinIt data, New Business Funds, vendor use, licenses, Group templates.
- Ensure all BD actions are tracked and ensure proper closure.
- Identify areas for process improvements and improved maximum use of tools within Operations (such as metrics, dashboards, reports, etc.)
- Serve as the BD representative for all Intelligence Group Outside Activity Workflow requests.
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of related experience.
- Proven track record of successful Business Development and pipeline support
- Proven experience working directly in DoD / Intel Community organizations
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and WinIt experience to track opportunities and manage pipeline.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Intel Community organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Must have an active Secret clearance
List additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required.
- Experience with Intel Community/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute tasks across a wide range of priorities
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred
- Prefer an active TS/SCI clearance.