Leidos is seeking a Lead Systems Administrator who will be responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware. Requires monitoring and updating current and new systems, implementing critical system patches, responding to incidents, scheduling O&M activities and coordination of all customer related issues. The position requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must be able to work in a high energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
The Lead Systems Administrator on the program performs the following duties:
• Candidate is the Lead Systems Administrator and is the resident expert on the project's IT operating systems, computing hardware platforms, systems administration and is able to handle complex system administrator issues and unusual occurring job events, where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
• Position will require employee to determine methods and procedures to fulfill new assignments independently. As lead, will require the candidate to monitor, organize, train and lead the efforts of technical support staff and the technical efforts of less experienced staff using verbal and written tasking and follow-up techniques.
• At times, performs systems engineering functions for new system development efforts or critical system enhancements and patches in accordance with the project's rigorous system engineering and configuration management processes.
• Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
• Review and update current processes and procedures to ensure their accuracy in accordance with customer requirements and contract policies.
• Ensure that the help desk monitoring systems are operational and are used effectively and efficiently by the team members.
• Have the ability to learn and train help desk personnel on new system changes.
• Be the focal point as help desk operational issues arise and escalate concerns to program management promptly.
• Provide Tier 1, Tier 2 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
• Work with customers to collect information about problems and lead customers through diagnostic procedures to determine the source issue.
• Troubleshoot to determine problems for operating systems, applications, network, or mobile issues.
• Actively manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA.
• Review tickets daily and reprioritize as needed to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Ability to craft technical and professionally written outage notifications and updates to incident stakeholders.
• Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
• Conduct continuous improvement service desk support and update knowledge base as required
• Provide brown-bag and training sessions for customers
• Review and update current processes and procedures to ensure their accuracy in accordance with customer requirements and contract policies
• Requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree
• ITSM products (i.e. Remedy) CRQ/WO/INC/KMS management.
• Application support experience using Remedy or other ticketing and incident management systems.
• Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM.
• Excellent written and communication skills required; excellent customer service aptitude.
• Ability to present to executive management incident debriefs and root cause analysis reports.
• Must be available for on-call support as required.
• Experience managing Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 in a medium/large (500+ systems) domain env.
• Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects.
• Experience troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows 2012 R2.
• Experience troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows Enterprise 7 & 10.
• Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management.
• Possess and maintain one of the following certifications: MTA-IT, A +, Network +, or Security +.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly