Leidos is seeking a Jr Software Tester who will be part of a test team with opportunities to test different products, such as databases, web applications, websites, charts, maps and reports. The testing will include both manual and automated testing in Bethesda, MD.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software applications tiers including front-end functional testing, middle-tier testing of web services and other APIs, and testing back end data. In addition, the candidate is expected to perform regression and integration/acceptance testing in an agile development environment. Candidate may also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on requirements and to ensure that functional requirements are testable and adequately documented to drive the test process. The candidate is expected to automate manual regression test cases following coding best practices and standards.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Designing test strategies and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications
- Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own progress
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders, if needed
- Execution of test cases including functional and regression tests for both web applications and database
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation and automating those test cases
- Improving and maintaining the existing automated tests and adding new automated tests
- Understanding and implementing coding standards in test automation
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing
- Recording test results and reporting them
- Participation in daily scrum meetings and weekly test team meetings
- Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and metrics on all activities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Experience with SQL server and fluent with writing and executing SQL queries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card Holder) is required and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance to get a Health and Human Services / Health Resources and Services Administration badge
- Experience in using JIRA
- Experience with test automation using Selenium
- Candidates with experience in creating and implementing automated tests will be given special consideration