The Leidos Military Veterans Health Solutions currently has an immediate opening for a Project Manager, located in the National Capital Region (NCR) in support of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM). There is no potential for teleworking or remote work.
- Oversee and manage one or more mid-sized projects and/or task orders supporting the Veterans Administration.
- Direct team personnel, provide oversight and direction to ensure effective management of project costs and schedules, contract compliance, and serve as the principal customer interface for program related activities.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the actions taken by the team members to implement VA internal customer requirements.
- Work closely and effectively in a coordinative fashion with the Client Program Manager and VA Project Managers, various subcontracting partners, external consulting organizations, customer resources, contractor and other 3rd party providers.
- Be responsible for establishing and monitoring internal and external metrics to measure and tune performance of project related activities.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks while planning, implementing, and maintaining a project organization structure.
- Be a good corporate ambassador when engaged with suppliers, vendors, subcontractors, other prime contractors, other company departments, and in community activities.
REQUIRED Skills: The Contractor shall have advanced experience in the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in administration or management, coupled with 5+ years of experience working on projects/programs with at least 2 years of successful project management experience.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for obtaining VA security clearance.
- Candidate must have:
- Demonstrated experience working VA Programs
- Experience leading a virtual team dispersed within the continental United States.
- Demonstrated experience in application development or integration efforts including consolidation of disparate systems with various technologies; experience in the engineering challenges of Systems Development, Systems Integration and infrastructure deployment; substantial comprehension of the business value and processes of large IT environments.
- Strong understanding or experience of software development and integration processes, including CMMI/SEI methodologies. Experience working in a complex technical and multi-site environment.
Requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
VA Public Trust with current PIV
Experience or strong familiarity with Electronic Health Record implementation, VA Stakeholders and supporting applications.
PMP Certificate is preferred.