Leidos is seeking an Associate Substation Drafter who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Commercial Energy Services Operation organization; specifically our Power Delivery Services (PDS) division: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging substation engineering problems for our utility clients Nation-wide.
The Associate Substation Drafter will work under the mentorship of a seasoned drafter in a fast paced environment to perform various drafting and detailing functions using MicroStation and AutoCAD software for various utility clients. This individual will be working closely with multiple design engineers and designers to complete assignments at a high level of quality, efficiency and productivity as required for execution of substation projects. This individual is expected to develop skills in the field of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and the ability to work with increased independence.
In this role the qualified individual will be expected to:
• Complete drafting assignments on Protection & Control, SCADA, Communications drawings including but not limited to Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, SCADA and Communication drawings, Control Building Layouts and Elevations, Panel Front Views and Cabinet Layouts, Wiring Diagrams, Interconnection Drawings, AC/DC Station Service drawings and other miscellaneous drawings as required by project scope.
• Complete drafting assignments on Physical Electrical drawings including but not limited to General Arrangement, Electrical Plans, Electrical Elevations, Sections and Details, Foundation Plans and Details, Structural Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Raceway Plan and Details, Equipment Vendor Files and other drawings as required by project scope.
• Support remote office overflow CAD workload on a need and availability basis. This will require coordination with other CAD leads in Leidos offices.
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
• Associate of Applied Science in Drafting and Design degree from an accredited institution. High school diploma/Drafting certificate with additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 1+ years of drafting and detailing experience with AutoCAD 2013 and/or MicroStation V7/V8/V8i. Coursework/project experience will be considered.
• Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
• Proficiency with the manipulation of vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
• Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
• Proficiency with Windows XP/VISTA/7 operating system environments.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
• Highly organized and efficient.
• Ability to perform tasks in a fast paced engineering/production environment.
• Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, etc.
• Ability to understand and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
• Experience with 3-D modelling in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of VBA and/or AutoLisp.