The Defense group at Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a technically focused Project Manager proficient in Cloud programs and migrations to join a team responsible for transforming the application footprint of the Air Force from legacy data centers to commercial cloud environments in AWS and Azure. This position is a telecommute opportunity and one can work remote. Leidos has supported the GCSS-AF team for more than a decade, and the contract is at the forefront of leading the charge in to the CCE (Common Computing Environment), utilizing multiple migration partners and multiple commercial clouds.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner and able to work independently while collaborating with other team members and external components in a complex environment. The ideal candidate will possess expertise in transforming and building end-to-end environments using DevOps to integrate, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and operate multiple systems on a traditional Engineered System.
The position will be responsible for managing one or more concurrent efforts on the GCSS-AF contract that the customer is using to achieve success in the cloud, to include acting as a systems integrator for multiple migration partners, leading the migration of apps by a Leidos team, and integrating with architecture and environment stand-up teams. The position will be responsible for collaborating closely with internal Leidos teams on the contract to develop the best approaches for deploying and maintaining applications in a cost-effective, repeatable, secure, scalable, and maintainable way. Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage technical effort of Leidos migration team on enhancing existing clouds and migrating applications in to those clouds
- Manage technical effort of Leidos migration team on re-factoring legacy applications to utilize Cloud-native services
- Manage pass-through scope of non-Leidos migration partners on enhancing existing clouds and re-factoring legacy applications and migrating them to the cloud
- Provide guidance and expertise on migrations and cloud technologies to customers (both customer mission application program offices and lead customer program offices
- Be devoted to knowing the latest trends and advancements in the Cloud space
- Manage technical effort using Agile and DevOps processes and technologies.
- Manage all programmatic (scope, schedule, financial, contractual, subcontract) activities under specific cloud task area
- Proven development and control of project budgets
- Identifying, quantifying, and managing program risks
- Developing ROMs and proposal responses
- Overseeing Leidos and subcontractor employees, manages personnel performance, workloads and scheduling of personnel; adjusts staffing plans based on workload changes; re-allocates requisitions, interviews and hires personnel as needed.
- Developing program deliverables, and briefing government and Leidos management on project status
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Agile project management tools (JIRA)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across remote team members, management, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to guide peers, leaders, and decision makers on addressing complex issues
- Excellent communication skills
- PMI PMP certified
- Agile SCRUM Master certified
- Must have US citizenship and an ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance (SSBI preferred)
- Previous experience migrating application teams from data center to data center and from data center to cloud.
- Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment.
- Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical personnel, including ability to train technical personnel.
- Ability to consistently meet and exceed expectations and incorporate customer service into all aspects of work.
- Proven judgment and problem solving skills.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external Subject Matter Experts
- Active Secret or Interim Secret Security Clearance
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)