The Defense and Intelligence Division of Leidos is seeking a Senior System Engineer for a highly visible program in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will collect and analyze customer requests for customized solutions and translate those requests into defined requirements. They will research and recommend technology solutions appropriate to meeting infrastructure needs. Additionally, the candidate will provide technical guidance to resolve issues or problems, and recommend future advancements in architecture development and infrastructure. T he successful candidate will work with the customer to develop and implement the technology roadmap for the organization. The candidate will also establish vendor relationships to research new technologies and integrate new products/capabilities into the environment.
The Senior Systems Engineer will design and develop solutions to integrate other technologies and mission support applications into environment are important aspects of the position. Perform advanced System Engineering and resolution of complex issues or problems within the infrastructure. . Create systems engineering documentation as needed. Lastly, the successful candidate will lead with the tracking of infrastructure projects as they go from defined requirements to becoming part of the infrastructure team.
Bachelor's Degree and 18 years of experience. Additional education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 18+ years of general experience as a systems analyst, system engineer, system architect
- 10+ years of experience leading software-intensive projects and programs for Government or industry customers
- 10+ years of experience as a software or systems engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems)
- Experience as a TTO Lead/Lead System Engineer for rapid development and prototype environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Experience leading systems engineering best practices
- Experience with task and/or project management
- Existing relationships with COTS/GOTS vendors and solutions providers