The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Electronics Technician to work at our Integration and Logistics Center in Chesapeake, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Surface Sonar mission. In this mission, Leidos provides engineering and technical support for the United States Navy's Undersea Warfare (USW) System.
- Perform installation, evaluation, and test of electrical/electronic systems, combat systems, HM&E equipment.
- Plan and conduct projects for electronic systems of various scopes.
- Review installation drawings and electronic schematics to evaluate plans and troubleshoot issues discovered.
- May supervise small technical team during execution of a project.
- Trains and mentors junior technicians.
- Review test procedures and technical documents, providing feedback and recommendations for change.
- Conduct tests and analyze results.
- Ensure serviceability of equipment delivered to installation activities.
- Provide care and protection, maintenance, and inspections of delivered equipment or material.
- Prepare reports detailing progress, remaining work to be completed, and issues encountered.
- Participate in and make recommendations to various working groups.
Technical school diploma with 5 years' experience in integrated logistics support
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
Ability to obtain and maintain passport
Experience in analysis and repair of electrical equipment
Copper, fiber, and data cable fabrication experience and qualifications
Experience with modification of power systems
Expert understanding of NAVSEA Standard Items and Shipboard electrical standards