No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
This work supports the Strategic Partnerships group under Science & Technology Strategic Plans & Programs at the National Energy Technology Lab (NETL). NETL is part of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory system and supports the mission to advance the energy security of the United States through a broad spectrum of energy and environmental R&D programs.
This position supports development and implementation of technology development agreements between NETL and external organizations. Such agreements are used to support joint research in pursuit of NETL's mission. Joint technology development agreements, in particular, support NETL's portfolio of self-performed research under the Research and Innovation Center (RIC). The Senior Technology Agreement Specialist will work directly with NETL staff to develop and implement new Technology Agreements and be responsible for following up on agreements in progress. Under direction of NETL staff, the Senior Technology Agreement Specialist will work with companies, universities, other national laboratories and organizations in the public sector to forge and implement joint technology development agreements consistent with RIC's mission and role within NETL.
Support by the Senior Technology Agreements Specialist for NETL's mission is anticipated to include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist in the preparation and amendment of strategic partnership agreements
- Maintain the Agreements database; execute system improvements as needed
- Support the national's labs researchers and their teams
- Maintain process guidance documents
- Use the electronic Concurrence Tracking System (CTS) to track approvals, comments, changes, status, and monitor milestones to ensure timely execution of partnership agreements
- Communicate partnership agreement processes to internal clients
- Prepare and administer routine correspondence, memoranda, and related documentation
- Develop electronic and paper concurrence packages
- Provide customized reports to varying audiences
- Track and report weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics, as well as respond to ad-hoc metric requests.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in business, social sciences, or related field and eight years of professional experience. Experience in marketing, business development, and/or technology commercialization is desired; as is previous experience working with government organizations and laboratories.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. This position will require extensive interface with all levels of the federal client (NETL) and potential collaborative partners, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The complexity of information to be managed will require excellent organization and documentation skills; attention to detail is a must; and an ability to troubleshoot, resolve administrative problems, and quickly respond to inquiries.
US Citizenship is required in order to access the needed servers and information.