Leidos is seeking a Software Engineering Intern to work in San Diego, CA to analyze algorithms, model and simulate performance results, compare approaches, and influence design decisions for future systems.
We need your skills and curiosity in engineering, mathematics and physics to work side-by-side with some of the top research scientists in the nation, investigating challenging problems to advance state-of-the-art algorithms concerning radio-frequency wave propagation and interaction. Our goal for all interns is a future full-time job with Leidos.
You will adapt and expand algorithms in RF signal estimation, both from traditional estimation theory and machine learning theory, to contribute to an on-going body of knowledge for eventual incorporation into operational systems. You will adapt simulations to run trials and analyze the results, comparing accuracy of estimation, computational loading, and sensitivities of each algorithm to various parameters, e.g. size of data set, signal to noise ratios, interference of multiple signals, etc.
- Candidate must be pursuing a Master's Degree or PhD in a related field (Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, Computer Science, etc.)
- Must have a US Citizenship and be eligible for a DoD security clearance
- Extensive mathematical comprehension, including linear algebra
- Software experience in Matlab and/or C++
- Ability to research, learn, solve problems with minimal oversight
- Written and verbal communication skills: ability to write reports and documents using appropriate grammar and clearly communicating key ideas
- Signals processing or estimation theory coursework/experience
- Experience with a machine learning framework
- Understanding of RF or acoustic wave theory