The Leidos Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Portfolio has a fantastic opportunity for a junior to mid-level Python Developer to provide technical support for the Research Development Engineering Command (RDECOM) Chemical and Biological Center. This position will be based at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Edgewood, MD.
Our ideal candidate will support the design, development, and testing systems and tools for warfighters with greater situational awareness of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) threats. This involves making data from CBRN sensors available to battlefield networks, and presenting this data to a wide range of command and control (C2) and situational awareness (SA) systems.
- Design, develop, enhance, debug, and unit test software requirements, change requests and problem reports.
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Consult with project team and end users to identify and define application requirements.
- Work in a full stack development environment, with projects ranging from embedded systems to middleware, mobile applications, and web applications.
- Write automated software tests for both unit testing and acceptance testing.
- Participate in field testing and operator assessments.
- Write documentation and test reports.
- Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 2-4 years of systems programming experience in a Linux environment.
- Proficient in various programming languages such as Java, Python and C.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced R&D environment.
- Must be willing to support field tests
- Experience with Object Oriented Design approach.
- Demonstrated experience in performing a variety of complicated tasks supporting all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Proficient in computer applications, languages, technologies, trouble shooting, and system design, and/or capabilities required for position.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are also required.
- 4 years of total related experience would substitute in lieu of degree.
- Must be a U.S citizen with an active DoD Security Clearance or ability to quickly obtain an interim DOD Secret Clearance.
- Ability to travel 20-25 percent of the time.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Proficient in HTML5
- Experience with Behavior Driven Design / Test Driven Design approach
- Experience with embedded Linux systems such as Raspberry Pi or Gumstix
- Familiarity with frameworks such as AngularJS, Spring, Twisted and Netty
- Familiarity with basic Linux administration