The qualified Engineer / Scientist Intern will be part of a strong team of scientists and engineers in our San Diego office addressing some of our nation's most challenging defense problems. As a Summer Intern, the candidate will help design and implement signal processing algorithms and help analyze unique datasets to identify and characterize signals of interest.
• Help develop signal processing algorithms.
• Help conduct data analysis.
• Help perform signal detection and characterization.
• Create efficient implementations in software.
• Document results for customers.
• Work collegially within a talented team of peers.
• Working toward Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field. Master's or Ph.D. preferred.
• Intense interest in algorithm development, large dataset analysis, complex data phenomenology, signal detection and characterization, and efficient software implementation.
• Strong analytical skills in the areas of detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and matrix computations, spectral analysis, mathematical modeling, and algorithm and software design.
• Fluency in MATLAB or similar data analysis package.
• Demonstrated exceptional work ethic.
• Proven track record of innovation, problem solving, and successful technical results.
• Be self-motivated and a team player, ready for a fast-paced environment and high expectations.
• Able to obtain a Secret security clearance, US citizenship required.
• Additional software experience such as C, C++, shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python, Fortran, MPI, Cuda.
• Experience with public speaking, client interaction, customer presentations, research documentation, task planning and scheduling.
• Electronic sensor prototyping, building, testing, and repair.
• Data acquisition, logging, and analysis.