No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Space Program Project Engineer to work on the Cargo Mission Contract (CMC). In this position and under the guidance of a Senior Project Engineer, the engineer will perform development tasks for new hardware (i.e., flight support equipment, external wireless communication booms, cold stowage box, life science glove box, etc.) and sustaining tasks for CMC hardware (i.e., diagnostics, tools, stowage, restraints, laptops, cameras, etc.) in support of NASA's Johnson Space Center International Space Station program. The team works with commercial software such as IBM Maximo, MS SharePoint, and Creo Parametric, in addition to CMC custom software. Support of tests and other activities may be required outside of normal working hours.
- Manage hardware development projects to certify, flight-configure, and deliver new hardware for spaceflight
- Author work orders, non-conformance reports, internal/external customer presentations, designs, and trade studies
- Monitor procurements, inventory levels, risks, and hardware obsolescence
- Assist technicians in the electronics and softgoods labs
Basic Qualifications: Typically requires a BS degree or equivalent experience and at least 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience using MS Project, IBM Maximo, MS Sharepoint, and Creo Parametric
- Knowledge of CMC sustained Flight Crew Equipment (FCE) hardware, custom tools, and processes
- Experience in lab setting
- Experience with SQL reports