Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Aviation Training and Certification Programs Manager to work in our Manassas, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the HR3DGI mission. In this mission we configure, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for CONUS and OCONUS collection of high-resolution, three dimensional geospatial information that Leidos processes, disseminates, stores and maintains to improve warfare planning.
As the Aviation Training and Certification Programs Manager you will be responsible for instructing new and existing employees on procedures, processes, techniques, and/or skills development. Your duties will include the defining of all courses and development of the course syllabus as well as administering courses and tracking. This requires a broad understanding of all aspects of aviation including maintenance and operation functions.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Development, production, and maintenance of training and certification policies and procedures that support compliance with company and customer requirements, including compliance with DCMA 8210.1C
- Development, production, and maintenance of training materials to support mission execution to include: written, photographic, audio, video, and mixed media training aids such as PowerPoint presentations
- Facilitating a seamless indoctrination process for new hires that includes: familiarization of new hires with aircraft sensor package capabilities, assets, and operation procedures; establishing employee training folders; administering corporate and program training requirements
- Planning and coordinating training evolutions for program employees and program subcontractors
- Planning and organizing logistical support for all certification and training programs, courses and platforms required to support aircrew and non-aircrew training requirements
- Periodically traveling to operating locations to maintain familiarity with the program's operation as well as any training needs
- Utilize an electronic database for data entry of training and certification compliance
- Providing reports to program management that communicates status of compliance with training requirements across the program
- Supporting the Business Development Team with information as requested
BA/BS and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. BA/BS may be substituted with 8+ years of direct experience in the development and administration of training and certification programs in support of Department of Defense aviation operations.
Must be a US Citizen
Must have a valid passport
The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD security clearance
Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access military installations
Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision as well as part of a project team with strong analytical and communication skills
Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products
Shall meet the physical demand rating of light: lifts on an occasional basis; a maximum of 25 pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 10 pounds
In depth knowledge of DCMA 8210.1C and FAA Airman Certification training requirements.
Instructor, Facilitator, and/or Teaching Certification is preferred.