The Defense Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Systems Integrator to serve as part of the Joint Staff Server Support team in Norfolk, VA.
The candidate will be a member of the Systems Integrations team responsible for the technical planning, design/build system integration, verification/validation and support for total server based systems prior to being deployed to the production network. Candidate will be supporting VCenter Management equipment (physical & virtual), and applications in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation. Candidate will perform a wide variety of installation, build configuration and upgrading servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure. Makes expert recommendations for fine tuning enterprise computing performance.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and services
- Respond to system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or system faults to reestablish service
- Troubleshoot and analyze problems with major systems, including VMware, vCenter Server 6.x View Composer, and Storage allocation.
- Understanding of virtual applications, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, application delivery via SCCM.
- Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation and build sheet work instructions.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
- Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, bare metal blade server systems.
- Understanding of system hardening, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and encryption technologies DoD STIG's.
- BS degree and 3+ years of relevant experience or MS degree and 2+ years of relevant experience or 6+ years' experience without a degree.
- Active Secret security clearance or higher.
- 8570 IAT Level 2 Compliant - Security +CE.
- VMWare VCA (VCP within 30 days of acceptance) with MS Server 2012 or 2016 (desired)
- Understanding of scripting or programming for systems management.
- Experience using development environments such as Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- Understanding of databases (SQL and SQL management studio).
- Understanding of application virtualization and testing with Power Shell or Visual Basic scripts.