Leidos is seeking a Sr. .NET Developer in our Austin, TX location. This role is performed onsite and does not allow for remote work. We do not offer relocation assistance with this opportunity.
The Sr. .NET Developer will plan, conduct, and coordinate software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
Design and develop web based and desktop applications through collaboration of user design specifications, user stories and Business Requirements Document (BRD) • Consult with users, product marketing and product management to determine software/system functionality and scope of technical specification document (TSD) • Architect and design state of the art solutions • Assemble reusable class libraries and web services • Provide expert advice and consulting in maintenance and enhancement of existing code within high transaction volume / highly availability environment • Unit test developed code • Code deployment as required and compilation of deployment guide for promotion of code from Dev , QA, Training and Production environments • Assume development lead role for large projects • Use discretion and expert judgment to establish level of effort for development activities • Identify development tasks and track progress against project plans utilizing TFS or other SDLC management tools • Assess new technologies relevant to company business, evaluate benefits and outline presentation of new innovations to meet business objectives • Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management, Developers, DBAs, Configuration Management and QA team • Other projects and duties as assigned
- Five years of experience developing using Microsoft .NET Framework
- Three years of experience developing Model, View, Controller with ViewModels
- Five years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server
- Three years of experience RESTful API development
- Three years of experience working with Agile Scrum teams and deep understanding of Agile development paradigm as defined by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, or Bachelor of Arts in Management Information Systems from accredited institution. Seven years of additional work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Nine plus years' experience designing and developing applications for large enterprises using Microsoft technologies
- Three years of experience with Entity Framework
- Five years of experience designing and developing Service Oriented Architecture web services
- Five years of experience performing Test Driven Development
- Three years of experience implementing Build and Test Automation
- Intimate understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Intimate understanding of SecDevOps
- Hands on experience working designing and deploying secure applications for MS Azure and / or AWS Clouds
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance