The Radar and Electronics Warfare Group at Leidos in Ridgecrest, CA is seeking a well-qualified and experienced Engineering Drafter. This opportunity is associated with our Aircrew Electronic Warfare Tactical Training Range (AEWTTR) Program. The successful candidate will perform a range of duties associated with creation and modification of technical drawings associated with complex electrical, electronic, mechanical, mechatronic, and logical systems in order to create, capture and document Radar and Electronic Warfare System designs.
- Design, revise, and update technical 3D models, drawings, layouts, tables, and other engineering documentation for Radar and Electronic Warfare systems.
- Create and modify electrical, electronic, mechanical, mechatronic, and logical layouts, schematics, drawings, detailed physical parts/assemblies/subsystems/systems, and assembly/subsystem/system installation drawings.
- Produce designs and drawings from sketches, drawing redlines, prototypes, and Engineer's notes and instructions.
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers to initiate conceptual design drawings.
- Collaborate with Electronic Engineer to design and document Printed Wiring Boards and Circuit Card Assemblies.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Engineering Groups to finalize engineering drawings for the purpose of procuring fabricated parts, and finalize system level engineering drawings for the purpose of documenting completed Radar Systems and other end items.
- Collaborate with purchasing personnel to ensure drawings meet requirements as specified in contracts and related Delivery Orders.
- Perform technical research and data analysis of pieces, parts, and materials to identify new vendors and processes.
- Work with Configuration Management/Data Management (CM/DM) personnel to ensure technical documentation reflects appropriate documentation requirements, end item part numbers and revision levels.
- Identify impacts of design changes to other parts of a system.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Project Management, Quality and CM/DM personnel to create and update Work Process documentation.
Requires MS degree and 1-3 years relevant experience, or BS and 2-4 years relevant experience, or AS/AA/Technical Vocational degree and 4-7 years of relevant experience, or HS diploma and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
Must be US citizen.
Relevant experience includes:
- Experience with computer aided design and drafting (CADD) and related graphics methodologies and software such as AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, PRO-Engineer, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Experience with scanning, digitizing and file conversion software;
- Experience with engineering document research, production, revision, configuration management and archiving;
- Experience with complex mechanical, electrical, civil and structural engineering concepts, drawings, practices, standards and specifications.
Training in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing; Experience related to design and documentation of Radar and/or Electronic Warfare systems.