Are you someone concerned with the security of our nation? Are you driven to protect and serve? Are you skilled in cyber defense? Then Leidos is the place for you. We are ensuring our nation's security in a partnership with the Department of Homeland Security. Our partnership focuses on the DHS Security Operations Centers (SOC) where we provide around the clock cyber support dealing with some of our nation's toughest threats. We have a unique and exciting opportunity for someone experienced in SOC Operations with a passion for transformation. The Security Operations Center (SOC) Transformation Lead will work directly with the customer to ensure Security Operations are built according to business requirements, the project meets established deadlines, and ensures to the transformation from reactive to proactive cyber defense is executed on. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing on transformation plans centered on the Cyber Kill Chain and Intelligence Driven Defense to mature SOC operations. The candidate must have a strong leadership background in managing 24X7 operations with experience in employee management, data security technologies, incident response, and process improvement.
DUTIES INCLUDED :
Responsible for aggregating data produced by Cyber Analysts performing Network, Application, Database, and Operating System monitoring functions to design a time-phased roadmap for SOC transformation.
Work directly with the customer to identify requirements, provide a roadmap for transformation, and ensure customer goals are met.
Provide SME level support in SOC operations and Cyber Kill Chain to transform from a consumer of cyber threat intelligence to a producer.
Provide technical direction, leadership, and training of less experienced staff.
Ensure project schedules and performance requirements are met
Required Education & Experience:
This position requires a BS in IT related field and 12+ years overall IT experience with 5+ years in SOC operations.
Must have a minimum of a Secret Clearance, TS preferred and in addition must be able to obtain a DHS EOD clearance before starting on this program.
- 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience.
- 5+ years managing 24x7 staff operations. Experience managing and working in a Security operations Center.
- Strong understanding of SIEM, log aggregation and measuring success through cyber metric analysis
- 3-5 years' experience and understanding of network topologies, protocols, malware, botnets, and antivirus software
- 3-5 years experience and knowledge with IDS, HIDS, HIPS, Firewalls, Proxies.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Knowledge of Cyber Kill Chain
- Understanding of Intelligence Driven Defense