The Advanced Solutions Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Program Analyst in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. The Program Analyst will be expected to integrate and collaborate with all technical teams to deliver a fully-functional system.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander's guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander's guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government's objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army's Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Control product design changes and their effects on the overall system. Ensure configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations and preparing deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met.
- Contribute to updates to the Configuration Management (CM) and Quality Assurance (QA) Plans, and other program process documentation.
- Audit software change procedures, software development, software testing, and software documentation to verify compliance with software CM and QA plans and procedures.
- Perform audits, baseline identification, and preparation and control of documentation for software projects.
- Participate in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the software baseline.
- Support the technical publications team with writing support, peer reviews, quality reviews, and file management support.
- Attend technical meetings and prepare formal written minutes for delivery to the government.
- Perform administrative duties, including meeting support (room reservation and set-up), hospitality support (food orders/pick-up), procurements (various supplies), e-mail distribution list maintenance, calendar management (meeting invitations).
- Other duties as required
- BA degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience managing multiple software baselines in waterfall and agile environments
- Experience with software configuration management tools and knowledge of external quality standards, including CMMI Dev Level 3, ISO 9001:2015
- Experience performing internal process audits; monitor/track corrective actions; monitor process implementation; perform process checks on internal procedures; review contract deliverables
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with software development tools (Jama, Jira, and Confluence)
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Eligible