Leidos is hiring a Logistics Operational Energy Support Specialist in Washington, DC. Leidos supports the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Operational Energy) (SAF/IEN) with project management and policy support subject matter experts. Each year about $9B, or 7-8% of the Air Force budget has gone to purchase energy. Approximately 86%, or $7.2B, is operational energy (aviation fuel). The Air Force Operational Energy Program vision is to Create an energy optimized Air Force that maximizes combat capability for the warfighter
• Coordinate, consolidate, develop, and maintain SAF/IE's Operational Logistics Energy Program governance and programmatic documents (e.g. AFIs, policies,), action plan recommendations, task and inquiry responses, and issue resolution action plans
• Provide detailed updates to leadership and interested parties by participating in meetings/forums and coordinating, consolidating, developing and delivering/presenting associated meeting materials (e.g. slides, after action reports, minutes)
• Advise SAF/IE and stakeholders on industry and DLA (Energy) risk assessment and war gamming initiatives regarding aviation fuels
• Assess world-wide aviation fuel storage and transfer facilities and inventory asset management programs and procedures identifying and preparing a narrative on challenges, shortfalls and problems and report findings to SAF/IE leadership
• HQ Air Force Staff level experience preferred, specifically in the Logistics Division, Plans, Programs, and Requirements Division or Operations Division.
• Experience with military logistics preferred, specifically fuel logistics.
• Experience with Technical Writing and strong communication skills preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.