Leidos is looking for an Electro-Optics (EO) Intern who will work with a small multi-disciplinary (3-5 people) team developing lab capability and performing a variety of laboratory projects and tasks in support of an on-base Leidos team for an applied R&D contract. Work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office near Dayton, Ohio.
- Support to on base lab capability development including: EO sensor calibration & characterization, Electronics design, Fabrication, and Trouble-shooting
- Development of custom hardware/systems like building a laser driver or developing one-off fieldable sensors such as custom radiometers (optics, optomechanics, electronics, control, data acquisition, data reduction tools) based on COTS to the fullest extent possible, using tools such as AutoCAD and Zemax.
- Verification that purchased or repaired equipment is operational and meets spec (scopes, meters, blackbodies, power supplies, etc)
- Software development for instrument control (Labview) and data analysis tools (MATLAB)
- A junior working towards a BS in Optics/Electro-Optics Engineering or Electrical Engineering, with anticipated graduation in spring 2020.
- Hands on optics laboratory experience
- Experience with MATLAB and LabVIEW
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- U.S. Citizenship required and able to obtain and maintain a DoD TOP SECRET Security clearance
- Technical experience with the following: EO sensor calibration & characterization; collecting, analyzing and interpreting data; design and development of electronics, optics, and opto-mechanical systems; software development; test planning and documentation.
- Good computer skills using MS Windows, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn and to retain new skills
- Strong communications skills and ability to interact with customers
- Passion for learning
- Desire to work with others in a research environment