Leidos has an immediate opening for an experienced Administrative Assistant (AA) supporting the office of the Senior Vice President (SVP) - Strategic Account Executives & Government Relations located in Reston, VA.
This candidate will directly support the SVP's administrative requirements and office management responsibilities. As required, the AA candidate will provide routine administrative support for the SVP's direct reports. Specific administrative responsibilities of this position include: handling travel arrangements and coordination (air, hotel and car rental reservations and amendments, conference registrations, and expense reporting and reconciling), as well as to be responsible for invoicing NonPO and PCard expenses for submission, tracking and accountability). Concerning invoices specifically, this office has increasingly assumed responsibility for Customer-facing corporate giving in the form of memberships, sponsorships and gifting. The ideal candidate will assist in tracking and reporting our budget actuals vs. forecast on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
• Must have a proven record of excellent quality performance with a positive take-charge attitude.
• Constantly strive for ways to increase organization, improve efficiency, and solve problems while meeting deadlines.
• Be capable of making independent and effective decisions that solve problems with limited time and information.
• Present a high level of professionalism, be able to remain calm under pressure, juggle multiple responsibilities and priorities, while supporting the administrative needs of SVP and his/her direct reports.
• Requires a flexible outlook and attitude with the willingness to accept additional assignments as needed.
• Must have the ability to work with diverse personalities and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of contacts.
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a cohesive unit of corporate executive assistants, and must be dependable to protect confidentiality of sensitive information.
• High School or equivalent diploma will be considered, for applicants with a work history demonstrating extensive prior job experience and achievements as an Administrative Assistant within a professional business environment.
• Prior Executive Assistant experience.
• Possess 2+ years of specialized administrative support experience of an increasing responsible nature as an Administrative Assistant, and have demonstrated the ability to work with executive staff in a proactive manner.
• Possess an advanced level of knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• Be a highly organized professional with strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex tasks, to follow thru to completion on assigned duties and to remain aligned to established priorities.
• Have the ability to work independently without significant guidance and be able to exercise good judgment and to self-initiate on taking action if and when necessary.
• Have excellent analytical problem solving skills with ability to use common sense to anticipate, identify and resolve problems or obstacles resourcefully with diplomacy and efficiency.
• Exude highly effective interpersonal skills and have strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and have the ability to interface professionally with all levels within and outside the Company, to include demanding or challenging individuals.
• Be a dedicated and enthusiastic individual, and have a strong desire to handle new challenges.
• Possess demonstrated experience working with confidential information, unerring in their ability to ensure sensitive information is not shared inappropriately.
• Be familiar with budgets and budgeting processes.
• Be familiar with company purchasing systems and procedures.
• Plan to work outside of the core schedule as needed periodically to assist with special projects.
• Experience with collaboration sites, such as SharePoint.
• Knowledge of the Leidos organization, policies, and procedures, Business Unit, Group, and Company.
• Experience with a CRM tool, and the Concur Travel and Expense system experience.
• Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related area desired.