Leidos has a current job opportunity for an Information Assurance Engineer located in Newport News, VA, or Lexington, MA. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with an outstanding team of software developers and engineers to continue to produce and field software on behalf of the US Air Force. Position re q uires US citiz e nsh i p and current D o D Secret S e curity Cl e aranc e .
The Information Assurance Engineer will be a critical part of a team to develop and maintain the software and its platform in a secure state. The successful candidate will provide in-depth experience and technical knowledge of security engineering and network security to participate in and/or lead security related projects and provide mentoring and guidance to other security analysts and teammates. The program is an automated command and control (C2) and emergency management system that provides enhanced C2 capability to base wing commanders, staff and subordinates. Via an integrated composite picture, the application provides base leadership with the current status of the base, runways, aircraft, facilities, vehicles and other resources and gives exceptional situational awareness to base leaders. Leidos is continuing to develop, modernize, and support this system as it is fielded to bases across the Air Force.
- Conducting research, developing, implementing, testing, and reviewing a software application's information security IAW DoD/NIST RMF requirements to protect information and prevent unauthorized access. In this role, the ISSE candidate will direct the contracting team about security measures, explain potential threats, implement security measures, and monitor applications in order to meet or exceed all DoD/NIST RMF requirements, resulting in faster and more accurate software releases.
- Hardening newly introduced software components using tools such as Department of Defense Security Requirement Guides (SRGs), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and Defense Security Service Office of the Designated Approving Authority (DSS ODAA) Baseline Technical Security Configurations
- Maintain existing ATO documentation, including System Security Plan (SSP), Service-Level Agreement (SLA), Incident Response Plan (IRP), Patch Management Plan, Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS) document, Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM)
- Maintain a STIG matrix and STIG checklists completed for each platform product
- Modernize existing ATO documentation as the platform migrates from an on-premise VM-based solution to a cloud native PaaS solution
- Analyzing results of continuous security scans (from Fortify, SonarQube, ACAS, OWASP, etc) to add exclusions for false findings and coordinate issues for remediation by the software development team
- Running vulnerability scans for operating systems and network infrastructure using ACAS
- Working closely with chief engineer to establish a system security engineering (SSE) process to plan, organize, and manage program efforts to achieve maximum security and survivability of the system
- Working closely with government Information Assurance leads to support Interim Authorization to Operate (IATO), Authorization to Operate (ATO) certifications that will be required for releases of the developed program
- Supporting development and maintenance of a system-specific Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/technical field (prefer major in cyber security or information assurance) or equivalent and 7+ years of related experience.
- Must have understanding of NIST 800-53 Risk Management Framework
- Position requires either Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP) certification, or equivalent.
- Must have active D o D Secret S e curity Cl e aranc e
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Strong technical skills in a variety of the following areas: networking, system engineering, CISCO, Windows OS platforms, Red hat, database design/admin.
- Experience managing projects within the Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
External Referral Eligible