Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Software Configuration Manager. Located in one of the following locations of Morgantown, WV, Arlington, VA, or Newport News, VA. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with an outstanding team of software developers and engineers to continue to produce and field software on behalf of the US Air Force. Position re q uires US citiz e nsh i p and the ability to obtain a D o D Secret S e curity Cl e aranc e .
The Configuration Manager will be responsible for maintaining the Unit Command and Control (UC2) system baseline and support the functions of Change Management, Release Management, Build Management and Configuration management, as they are executed throughout the program. Additionally, the Configuration Manager will be required to work with the Tier II Help Desk team to track ticket initiation and progress through ticket closure. The program is an automated command and control (C2) and emergency management system that provides enhanced C2 capability to base wing commanders, staff and subordinates. Via an integrated composite picture, the application provides base leadership with the current status of the base, runways, aircraft, facilities, vehicles and other resources and gives exceptional situational awareness to base leaders. Leidos is continuing to develop, modernize, and support this system as it is fielded to bases across the Air Force.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a Configuration Management plan, Configuration Management and Document Management procedures
- Modernize Configuration Management Plan as the UC2 software and infrastructure continue to evolve
- Maintain records to ensure that current and historical configurations of products can be accurately determined throughout the product life cycle
- Track documents and release products (e.g., .wars, .isos, patches); refining artifact numbering strategy
- Working with help desk personnel, develop and release Help Desk notices to the field
- Track released Help Desk notices and compliance with help desk directives, including baseline applicability of help desk notices
- Maintain status of help desk tickets and help to keep accurate status of tickets
- Maintain schedule of help desk duty across help desk team
- Interact with the software CM git repository to track branches and tags as they relate to release candidates and final approved releases
- Perform baseline audits to ensure compliance with the Configuration Management Plan
- Coordinate with DevOps to maintain configuration and versioning for all fielded on premise, MilCloud, and AWS instances
- Coordinate with Chief Engineer and Lead Software Engineer on release planning and execution
- Prepare/inspect deployment documentation packages to include release notes and user material
- Prepare, maintain and inventory hardware in compliance with government and corporate procedures
- May be tasked with creating, maintaining and coordinating project activities with multiple components.
- Bac h elor's d e gree i n Eng i neer i ng or rel a t e d technical f i eld and 2-4 years' experience; additional relevant training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience effectively working within a team environment
- Must have the a b il i ty to obtain a US D o D Secret S e curity Cl e aranc e
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Experience managing projects within the Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket)
- Experience configuring and managing git-based software
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
External Referral Eligible